Re: Oracle Cursor Sharing in ARS7.1

**
You have to do it on the database server as well - and they need to match.  I believe the file is init.ora but your DBA will know.

You might also want to put your servers in development cache mode if you are not in production yet.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Chowdhury, Tauf
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:36 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Oracle Cursor Sharing in ARS7.1

**

All,

I am running a server group with 2 AR Servers. I have noticed that saving changes or new objects within the Admin tool takes a long time… 5-7 minutes in some instances. I’ve seen the article regarding entering the string into the config file: Oracle-Cursor-Sharing: FORCE

Are there any hidden side effects any of you have seen from this that may affect other modules? I currently have ITSM 7.0.3 and CMDB 2 with RKM, SLM, SRM in the pipeline.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tauf Chowdhury | Forest Laboratories, Inc.

Sr. Analyst

Informatics

Office: 631.858.7765

Mobile:646.483.2779

This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc. proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.
__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___ __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___