Re: History of AR System

**
The company sent me to AR Admin class for AR System version 2.0(sorry, I don't remember the year).  2.1 AR System and Helpdesk Template 1.0 was released shortly after I got back from training.  We rejected the 1.0 template and wrote our own app on 2.1, switching to ITSM when the 3.0 suite came out.  I haven't been to any training since 2.0.  I think the formal Admin class was a good one to get introduced.  It hasn't been at all bad adding to it over the years without further formal training.

Regards,
Dennis Ruble

Benedetto Cantatore <bcantato@EMERGINGHEALTHIT.COM>
Sent by: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

06/29/2009 12:35 PM

Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc
Subject
Re: History of AR System

**
Back in 97, I sat down with the Remedy manual, read it cover to cover and was a Remedy administrator.  There were only two apps (I think); Helpdesk and Asset.  Today, I looking at all the manuals if you have the whole ITSM suite, I no longer think that's possible.  I'm curious, how many folks started Remedy by just reading the docs, or did most people go out and get formal training.

Ben Cantatore
Remedy Manager
(914) 457-6209

Emerging Health IT
3 Odell Plaza
Yonkers, New York 10701

>>> robert.w.rowe@GMAIL.COM 06/29/09 10:56 AM >>>

** I began working with the point release of 2.1 late in 1994 or early 1995 when I was at Winstar, a gone-broke telecommunications company. I wrote the help-desk app for the network ops center, as well as configuration forms, certification forms, lots of stuff. Back then it was a good front-end for a database. We worked with voice communications, so the FCC required a lot of auditing, all of which had to be written.

I got into Remedy as a C programmer who didn't have a project at the moment. I was horrified to find no Else statements built into the system. I can't remember when that came along, but it was quite an advance in programming. We worked with HP-UX and an early version of Oracle. Installation of just about anything was a bear, but once all the ducks were lined up it went well.

Ever since then I've worked with the ARS. Now it's quite sophisticated in comparison with the old days.