Re: AR User Tool Deprecated?

**

Here’s a blurb from their documentation if it helps.  Might be a little outdated (got it in 2009) but gives the general idea:

REM Event Drive Professional Edition v2.1 for BMC Action Request System is a
technology that allows real time events to be received in any Remedy client. In this way
instant communications between server and client are possible, without having to
periodically check with the server and therefore obtaining rapid response for low network
and server overhead. The uses for this technology include for example:

  • Real time instant data updates in tables, status fields, buttons etc.
  • Initiation of automated actions from one event without the user needing to interact.
  • Integration of multiple applications in a single Remedy window, being able to interact with these systems and see their responses asynchronously without having to juggle multiple Windows etc.

REM Event Drive has been built on BMC Remedy Action Request System® and Java,
Making its installation and operation possible on any machine that runs BMC Remedy
ARS 7.0 or higher, regardless of the operating system.

-David J. Easter

Sr. Product Manager, Enterprise Service Management

BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.