From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Josh Cook
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:52 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: AR System 7.1 Filter Phasing Issue

I currently have a staging form that I am using to format some data and
push it to the HPD:IncidentInterface_Create form.

I am having an issue with three filters and the order in which they run.

The first filter in the series pushes the data to the Interface_Create
form,

The issue I'm having is with Filter #2 which has a set fields in it.  My
desired functionality is for this filter to set a field on my staging form
that contains the 'Incident Number' field value from the
HPD:IncidentInterface_Create form generated by the Push from filter #1.
The current set fields action looks something like this:

Set fields if: 'Request ID' = $LAST ID$.
Set: 'INC_ID' to $Incident Number$.

The main issue I can see, is no matter how I order it using filter guides,
or `! the name of the filter, the set fields filter is always running
first, since that actions takes place in the first phase, and all pushes
are deferred to phase 2.

The third filter pushes attachments into the HPD:WorkLog form and sets the
incident number to the number generated by the Interface_Create record in
the 'Incident Number' field.

In the mean-time I've setup an escalation on interval to trigger the
filters to grab the INC Number and push a worklog entry, and set a
processed flag on my form so that it doesn't go through multiple passes.
I'd prefer to handle it all with the filters on the initial submit if
possible and avoid the use of escalations in the process.

If anyone has any ideas as to a possible solution to this issue, it would
be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh Cook