Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Run Process SET-Preference

**

John,

Are you looking at the preference record on Dev or Prod…I don’t honestly use preference records all that much…but my understanding is that if you have a preference server, and you change the preferences, it’ll save on that server…so if you’re doing your work on Dev, but your pref server is Prod, I would expect the value in prod to be updated.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Reiser, John J
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:53 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Run Process SET-Preference

**

LJ,

I thought I had it all configured correctly.

This is for infrequent users who do not have the WUT installed.

They will have Floating licenses and access to a robust view of the form.

Other users (customers) get a limited view for submit only of a helpdesk request.

I have two arservers running on one Mid Tier server. I’ve configured the Mid Tier to use the production server as a preference server. Does that mean workflow on the development server will not update the User Preference record?

Thanks,

---
John J. Reiser
Senior Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased by me