Tracking down deleted records

Title: Tracking down deleted records
**

Hello all, long time no post for me. I have run into a new problem this week that I haven’t seen in the eight years I’ve been developing Remedy here and I need some advice on how to track down the root cause. I have a regular form where suddenly we have seen two records just disappear. We disable deletion of records except for administrators and I checked all active links and filters for this form and nothing there would cause a deletion.

I checked my log options for server events but there isn’t anything there to log deletions. Is there an easy way to trap on a record delete and log it? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to add a filter that fires on record delete that will notify me but that will only help catch problems more quickly, it won’t necessarily help me find  the root cause.

I’ve gotten a bit rusty at ARS since I transitioned into a network engineering role, hopefully all I need is a nudge in the right direction on this one.

App Server: ARS 7.0.1 on Windows 2000 Server

DB Server: MS-SQL 2000 on Windows 2000 Server

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Rick Westbrock, Network Engineer
PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.