Re: AR System 7.6.03 documentation now available - GA soon

**
Looks like the ARS beast needs to be tamed in its own VM cage ;-)

Guillaume

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] on behalf of Jason Miller [jason.milja2@GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: AR System 7.6.03 documentation now available - GA soon

** It is awesome!  During the beta I used the one for Window.  In less than an hour I had a full functioning ITSM/RKM/and whatever else was included in the stack installer.

Like any new product/feature I imagine people are going to run into some issues but BMC hit a home run with this one.  In general ARS 7.6.03 is awesome.

One note...  Now that ARS doesn't have the 2gb process memory limit (Windows anyway) it is a hungry little monster.  Unless there is some way of limiting the process memory; the days where you could run a single little VM on your laptop are gone.  At first we had an issue where Remedy was taking all of the memory and smothering SQL.  SQL would grind to a halt and wouldn't have enough resources to allow the Remedy start up to finish.  We were able to up the VM memory to 8gb and Remedy could then start.

Jason