Re: How to migrate any Service Now project to Remedy?

**
Hi Abhi,

We have been asked this question more and more in the last 6 months as people's requirements and business challenges change. Using legacy tools it is possible but very time consuming to manually move raw ServiceNow data to ITSM  The greatest challenge around this type of migration is understanding all the underlying data structures that hold ITSM together to ensure your data will work correctly in ITSM modules after it has been migrated from ServiceNow. While it is straightforward to drop some ServiceNow tables onto an ITSM system for reference, taking a ServiceNow incident with all its related data and migrating it to be a working ITSM Incident ticket is more challenging.

We originally designed our Data Migration Tool (http://www.alderstone.com/cmt.html) to migrate from ITSM to ITSM but we have recently been working hard to bring out CMT v1.3 this will migrate data between ServiceNow and ITSM. We anticipate that v1.3 of CMT will be fully available very soon, but is already in use by our consultants and we would be happy to talk to you about the tool and around your migration of data from ServiceNow to ITSM.

Note on Premise or SaaS is not an issue here, the CMT software will migrate from On Premise to Cloud, Cloud to Cloud or Cloud to On Premise so I'd like to think we have you covered on your migration here.

Please contact me if you have any questions or want to know more

thanks

Sean

Sean Harries
Alderstone Consulting Ltd

Revolutionise your management of BMC Remedy ITSM Services with CMT

Mobile: +44 (0)7976 558048
Skype:
seanharries
MSN: