I just tried that and authentication is still failing. Since I failed to mention it the last time, we have an Active Directory environment. I have also tried turning on the plug-in and API logs, but the authentication attempts don't seem to be logged there.
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG> on behalf of andres tamayo <cycomyco@GMAIL.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: AREA failures
in User search filter field try uid=$\USER$
_ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" and have been for 20 years_
2016-11-08 14:59 GMT-05:00 Fawver, Dustin <FAWVER@mail.etsu.edu>: