From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Su Kaur
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:51 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Parse subject line of incoming email

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to parse subject line of an incoming email.
Each word would be used as a specific field entry for ticket creation like client name, category, priority etc

What character should be used to help Remedy identify the segments (keeping in mind the message still needs to look professional)?
So incoming subject line would something like
Subject :           Priority --- ClientName --- Category --- Description

In this case, delimiter is used as --- 9 (dashes) Can --- be used as a delimiter?

Thanks!
Kaur