ARS 9.1: Question about hiding fields

**

Greetings!

During my analysis of workflow for the migration to ARS 9.1, I have found that fields can be hidden in several ways.

- Hidden explicitly by the field's properties

- Placed in a panel page that the user doesn't not have permissions to.

- Removed from the user's view

- The field not being placed in any view

I found some fields being referenced in workflow that existed on the form but that weren't in any views.  Are there any advantages or disadvantages to having a field that's not present in any view versus a field that is simply hidden?

Thanks for your input.

--Dustin Fawver

HelpDesk Technician

Information Technology Services