From: Wallace, Kelvin
Sent: 03 February 2017 08:20 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Filter Notify Action Dropping Fields

**

We run Remedy as totally customized on Solaris and Oracle.  For about the last 10 years, there is a filter associated with our Help Desk form that performs a notify to our maintenance contract vendor, via email, to repair our faulty equipment.  In the text of the Notify action, I basically have 3 fields:  1) $Requester Data$ – which is a concatenation of Name, Phone, Address, City, Zip, etc. of the requester, 2) $Equipment Data$ - which is a concatenation of Asset Tag, Serial Number, Description, Model, Purchase Date, etc. and 3) the Short Description of the problem.  The $Requester Data$ and $Equipment Data$ fields are populated by an AL when the lookup occurs for the requester and for the equipment.

Last month, we upgraded from 7.6.4 to 8.1.2.  Even though $Requester Data$ and $Equipment Data$ are listed in the text of the notify, they show up blank in the email.

What the notify used to look like (and what it should be now):

     John Smith

     407-555-8776

     9999 South Orange Blossom Trail

     Orlando District Office & Work Center

     Orlando -- 32809-7999

     Asset Tag = 00096944

     Serial = 1F4J3XX

     PC Dell Notebook Quad Core 2.5 GHz

     Model Number = HD7RD

     Model Description = Latitude E6430

     Purchase Date = 5/7/2013

     Maint Code = C

     Problem Description:

       Dell Latitude E6430 00096944, bad Video Card, Dell Diagnostics reports Error2000-0332, Validation: 75863

What it looks like now:

     Problem Description:

       Dell Latitude E6430 00096944, bad Video Card, Dell Diagnostics reports Error2000-0332, Validation: 75863

In subsequent testing, I can create the same information if I list the fields individually – with the exception of the Purchase Date.  This field comes from another field of the type Timestamp, where I have set the field as DATE($Purchase Date) to strip off the time of day.  It seems that concatenating or running a Function to create a value in a field causes the Notify to ignore that field when it generates the email message.  Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks,

Kelvin R. Wallace

Data Processing Manager

Office of Agriculture Technology Services

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

(850) 245-1067 - Office

(850) 245-1075 - Fax

kelvin.wallace@freshfromflorida.com

The Mayo Building

407 South Calhoun Street

Room B-11, Mail Stop M-3

Tallahassee FL  32399-0800

www.FreshFromFlorida.com

Please note that Florida has a broad public records law (Chapter 119, Florida Statutes). Most written communications to or from state employees are public records obtainable by the public upon request. E-mails sent to me at this e-mail address may be considered public and will only be withheld from disclosure if deemed confidential pursuant to the laws of the State of Florida.