Re: Is it a good idea to eliminate the use of Diary Fields?

**
John,
BMC themselves went away from Diary fields for the most part (certainly in the work log process) many years ago....the down side, as you pointed out is storing the diary in individual records causes issues with reporting....this is easily worked around in a sufficiently advanced reporting tool allowing you to create sub-reports reporting all of the diary entries from a second table....the fact that they can't be pulled in the same entry is the only down side that I know of...with plenty of up sides.