need input about data migration after Upgrade

**
Hello All,

We are in the middle  of upgrading our ITSM . I have one question about data migration. As we have opted  parallel upgrade ,i mean we have build separate server and took DB backup from current prod and dump it on new server. So currently existing infra is up & running and lot of data cleanup is happening based on business requirement but this data cleanup is happening from DB. So my question is whether DDM will have ability to identify records got modified via DB ?

Reagrds,

Amit B