Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: What's new in ARS 9.x?

Just a few comments - in the last 10 years we've moved from ARS 7->7.6->9.1 (we skipped 8, although we do have some 8.1 instances elsewhere in the business)

- Archiving / Associations
The archiving is an enhancement over what was previously available, good implementation

- Remedy SSO
SSO was already available - we have it on our 8.1 installs.  That is not really a new feature.

- Zero downtime upgrades
This would really be of interest as to how it should be handled, as we currently have outages when we go through upgrades (on a recent patch we had an outage)

- New Rich-text Editor
Don't often see this, but it is quite nice :)

As a general observation - moving from 7.6/user tool to 9.1/mid tier, we've actually had a variable performance hit - the mid-tier is slower than the user tool.  We've done everything we can to improve performance, and can't get away from the fact that the mid-tier is slower.

Regards

Dave Barber