Re: Transfer attachment from one AR Server to another AR Server through Java API

Radhika,

Here is example of getting an attachment from an existing record and creating new record with the attachment.
In your case, the write new record would be with ARServerUser for your other instance to complete the attachment
from one system to another system process.

//make the call to remedy to get an entry object
Entry e = svr.getEntry(<yourForm>, <anEntryId>, null);
//get actual content of attachment by getting blob for attachment field
byte[] content = svr.getEntryBlob(<yourForm>, <anEntryId>, <yourFieldId>);
//get just the attachment value from interesting attachment field
AttachmentValue attachValue = (AttachmentValue)e.get(<yourFieldId>).getValue();
//set content with the byte array from getBlob
attachValue.setValue(content);

//Then just do create Entry with new Entry object containing
//the AttachmentValue
Entry newEntry = new Entry();
newEntry.put(<yourFieldId>, new Value(attachValue));
//add any additional field values here

//then write to new record
System.out.println(svr.createEntry(<yourForm>, newEntry));

Hope that helps 😊

Eric