RE: Trouble getting rrrchive to run

Hallo Thomas, Conny, Misi,

I always use the value 29.  From the doc:  (These are bits that must be or’d)

0

No logging – Setting ARAPILOGGING to 0 or not setting it at all turns ARAPILOGGING off.

1

Logging on – ARAPILOGGING is on and minimum output is recorded in the arapicmd.log and arapires.log files. If other options are included, this option does not have to be included in the bit mask.

2

Record sleep time in seconds – The sleep time in seconds is recorded in the command file.

4

Record sleep time in milliseconds – The sleep time in milliseconds is recorded in the command file. If both the options (seconds and milliseconds, value = 6) are selected, the sleep time output will be in seconds.

8

Record start, finish, and elapsed time – The start, finish, and elapsed times are recorded in the result file. The elapsed time includes the time needed for the API to write information to the log file.

16

Combine the command and result files into the result file – In this case, client commands and server replies are all recorded in the arapires.log, and the arapicmd.log is not created. This output is easiest to use because the client commands and server responses are collated. Do not use this option if you are building a command file to be played back in driver.

32

Do not record result data output – This option suppresses the output of the result data, limiting the result output to status information only. This option is useful when the quantity of result data is very large and the output can impact performance. This option is also useful to reduce the amount of logging information when the details of the returned data are not important.

64

Buffer the file output – Utilizes file system buffering to write log output. It can be used to reduce the time required to output the logging information. However, you might lose information if the client you are collecting logging information for crashes before all information has been written to the log.

29

Thomas,  when you say you ran driver, did you actually do something like retrieve data or issue a query?  Logging in doesn’t actually do much.

Cheers,

Ben Chernys
Senior Software Architect

logoSthInc-sm

Canada / Deutschland
Mobile:    +49 171 380 2329   GMT - 7 + [ DST ]

Mobile     +1 403  554 0887
Email:
Ben.Chernys_AT_softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:         www.softwaretoolhouse.com

We are a BMC Technology Alliance Partner

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor and our  Freebies Section for ITSM Forms and Fields spreadsheet.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming, without staging forms, without merge workflow.

Meta-Archive does ITSM Archiving your way: with your forms and your multi-tenant rules, treating each root request as a complete tree and checking associatuions.  Archive output to different servers, HTML pages with links to attachments or archive forms.

Meta-Databot is an automated, extensible BMC Data Wizard.  It reads a file of data changes and sports an Undo feature.

Pre ITSM 9.1.04?  Clarify?  HP? Roll your own?  No problem!  You can keep your valuable data!

http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/

Ben