Approval Server performance

All,

We have a 9.1.02 installation running on Oracle Enterprise Linux/Oracle.  There's an issue with the approval server (covered under defect SW00517057); when you add an approver as an override, it has a massive impact on performance - to the point that we currently won't actually add any form of override/admin approval rights to any more users.

Whilst this has been apparently fixed in 9.1.03, and we are looking at upgrades, wondered if anyone has any suggestions as to possible workarounds?  Additional indexes on various approval forms, etc.?

Regards

Dave Barber