BMC Remedy Decommissioning Process

Hi Experts,

Query regarding BMC Remedy Decommissioning.  As part of the data retention policy we need to retain the data. In my previous organizations they used to remove the all the paid licenses from remedy and server will run with the standard demo licenses. This demo login would be used to pull data from remedy based on requirements from the users.

Just wanted to confirm whether this decommissioning process is still applicable. If not please let me know the current process.

Thank you,

Sriram.