Re: BMC Remedy Decommissioning Process

I highly recommend that you check with your BMC or partner sales representative about this scenario.

If you want to continue to run the Remedy ITSM / Remedy AR System platform software and access the data in read-only mode, then you still need to follow certain rules and think about certain best practices.

Ultimately, it boils down to how important this “data retention” policy is for your company.

Yes, perpetual licenses can be used in perpetuity (as the name states), but there are other points to consider.

  1. Not in all pricing models we have used over the years can users access Remedy ITSM for free in read-only mode
  2. For sure you need some administrator licenses to operate the solution. What if the HW fails? What if the configuration needs to be changed?  Those admins needs to have a named user license (which you likely already own)
  3. What if there’s a security issue?  What if users start using newer browser versions?  Keeping a small user footprint with support, so that SW updates are accessible, is something that some customers have done in this scenario.

BTW, unlicensed system (for demo) has a restriction in # of records.

Peter