From: ARSList <arslist-bounces@arslist.org> On Behalf Of arslist@danielbloom.ca
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 5:44 PM
To: arslist@arslist.org
Subject: Announcements: Doug Mueller has left BMC, ARSlist will be shutting down on US Thanksgiving, Nov. 28th

Doug Mueller’s last day at BMC was Monday, September 30th. As we all know, Doug was the creator of the ARSystem as a founding member of Remedy Corporation.

He has always retained the philosophy of supporting the user community, even before he accepted my invitation to join this list in 1993.

After consultation with Jason and Misi, the current custodians of this ARSlist, it was decided that I should post to this external list that Doug has left, in the hopes that all current and former members of our community can express their best wishes here where it can be done outside of a Corporation based community and where Doug can of course also read them.

In Doug’s honor, it was also decided that we would shut down the ARSlist permanently on US Thanksgiving, giving folks until then to post their comments, and to signify the thanks we give to Doug for all he has done.

My understanding is that the archives will continue to be available, and of course can be saved for posterity.

For my part, it was sad news that someone who has contributed so much, holds so many forward thinking innovative patents singularly and jointly with others, would be departing.

I was supposed to post this yesterday and it took me until today to accept that he really had left. I won’t be disappointed if I am proven wrong …….

Dan

Daniel Bloom

Founder of the ARSlist in November 1993

Active in the Remedy ARSystem world since 1.0